January 2010 Grant Awards
In January Shetland Charitable Trust funded 10 grants with a total amount of £16,124.
There were eight Shetland Arts Fund Grants awarded to:
- Hannah Adamson - to take part in the National Children's Orchestra of Scotland String Training Course
- Johan Adamson - to attend training in Glasgow to be a singing tutor
- Joy Duncan - to travel to Senegal to study West African drum, song and dance with 10 other participants
- Lois Nicol - to travel to the Heb Celt Festival of music workshops, sessions and concerts
- Shetland Folk Society - to assist with costs of running Young Fiddler of the Year competition
- Stuart Sinclair - to assist with cost of attending a training day for teachers/choir leaders
- Val Turner - to assist with cost of attending tuition in Zimbabwean Thumb Piano
- Yvette Leask - to travel to Senegal to study Senegalese drum, song and dance
There was one Support Grant awarded to:
- Filsket Riding Club - for annual running costs to 31 March 2010.
There was also one Support to Youth Centres grant awarded to:
Livister Youth Centre - for annual running costs to 31 March 2010